Events and Updates
See all KCMPI programs and events
Job Postings Available
Check the updated KCMPI Job Bank for positions now open in our area.
Thursday, June 13, 2013
KCMPI Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet
Westin Kansas City at Crown Center
Monday, June 17
CMP Study Group - Informational Meeting
Sheraton Overland Park, 6100 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66211
Follow KCMPI online:
The KCMPI Strategic Plan represents the long-term goals and objective
of the chapter. Each function area has three overall objectives with
supporting statements that help to more clearly define each goal.
This document is used the to assist the Board in developing the annual
marketing plan, which represents the chapter's one-year or short-term
The Board reviews the Strategic Plan annually and issues a new Strategic
Plan every three years.
- Annually review and enhance the format of
the Educational Conference.
1.1 Define and develop the "marketplace" concept to
meet our chapters needs.
1.2 Design and implement various methods for evaluation of conference.
1.3 Explore alternate educational, networking and fundraising
- Produce an Educational Conference that reaches
all levels of membership experience and expertise.
2.1 Identify chapter members able to provide presentation services
at the Educational Conference.
- Successfully market and produce the educational
3.1 Utilize resources of other chapter committees.
3.2 Create and implement effective partnership marketing strategy
with industry related associations.
- KCMPI will maintain an effective website.
1.1 Develop a self-maintenance system for keeping information
1.2 Review and upgrade software technology and application with
current technology trends.
1.3 Continually define members needs for chapter website.
- KCMPI website becomes the primary source for
chapter and industry information.
2.1 Increase volume of online registration for chapter activities.
2.2 Increase information on website to include current printed
2.3 Offer industry resources accessibility.
- Website will become a revenue source.
3.1 Increase advertising opportunities.
3.2 Increase product and educational offerings online.
- Secure the health of the chapter by conducting
the annual Nominations Process.
1.1 Consider Planner/Supplier ratio of nominees.
1.2 Follow national MPI calendar guidelines.
1.3 Comply with national MPI process guidelines.
- Improve communication process to members.
2.1 Describe commitment and job descriptions with nomination forms.
2.2 Increase members for responses and participation.
- Develop cross section of members for selection
3.1 Consider planner/supplier ratio of selection committee.
3.2 Involve new and old members including past board and past
- Provide the very best education programs.
1.1 Formally assess the educational interests of the membership.
1.2 Provide education programs on all levels of expertise.
1.3 Increase the number of technical and special programs.
- Expand opportunities for education.
2.1 Develop and implement alternative and/or cost effective programming
(i.e. brown bag).
2.2 Promote attendance at international conferences, institutes
2.3 Promote awareness encourage CMP/CMM designations.
- KCMPI shall be an avenue to nurture new leaders
for the meeting professional industry.
1.1 Empower committee members in order to increase involvement.
1.2 Offer leadership training to membership.
- Provide transitional leadership by effectively
mentoring the President Elect position.
2.1 Give a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities for
2.2 Provide an avenue to increase exposure of President Elect
to the membership.
- To be a guardian of the healthy operations
of the chapter.
3.1 Provide clear communication between the chapter and national.
3.2 Insure chapter compliance with international guidelines.
- Develop formalized process for transition to
1.1 Participate in decision making.
1.2 Gain a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities for
1.3 Seek exposure opportunities at chapter activities.
- To increase revenue for the chapter by developing
and executing profitable, "fun"raising events.
1.1 Explore opportunities for fundraising in conjunction with
1.2 Grow and/or expand existing events to maximize revenue.
1.3 Explore and evaluate partnership opportunities.
- Expand community service opportunities.
1.1 Identify and develop chapter's unique vehicles of service.
1.2 Create membership buy-in of chosen vehicle of service.
- Broaden public knowledge and awareness of KCMPI
through community service activities.
2.1 Provide communications regarding successes to members and
- Expand member benefits and services.
1.1 Develop a vehicle to increase awareness of career opportunities
within the industry.
1.2 Expand and enhance scholarship opportunities.
1.3 Increase awareness of industry resources through MPI.
- Effectively communicate member benefits and
- Get 'em & keep them
3.2 Committee involvement.
- Improve communication among the membership.
1.1 Improve newsletter effectiveness
1.2 Develop process for effective delivery of chapter event announcements.
1.3 Maintain accuracy of membership directory.
- Increase internal board communication and communication
2.1 Maintain procedures for distribution of board meeting minutes
2.2 Develop a process for centralized communication tools among
- Increase public awareness of KCMPI.
3.1 Develop and maintain attractive media guide.
3.2 Establish and maintain media contacts.
3.3 Search out and utilize resources in the community for public
- Promote positive financial growth of chapter.
1.1 Maintain/grow plan to secure full sponsorship of all programs/events.
1.2 Minimize financial exposure of chapter through long-range
- Expand sponsorship scope by enhancing sponsorship
2.1 Offer new/creative ways for members to provide money/goods
2.2 Identify potential sponsors outside the membership.
- Improve ROI for sponsors.
3.1 Provide additional benefits to sponsors.
3.3 Increase sponsors' exposure to membership.
- Serve as an informational resource for the
Board and membership.
1.1 Provide timely and appropriate responses to board and member
1.2 Maintain a clear understanding of chapter and international
- Create and maintain streamlined and effective
- Maintain accurate records.
3.3 Program registration/CEU's
3.4 Compliance - local/international
- Maintain & Monitor fiscal compliance with
- Create and maintain an effective budgeting
- Oversee the health of the chapter's finances.
3.1 quarterly award at chapter programs starting December 2001.
If you suspect any illegal, unethical or inappropriate events, behavior or practice please contact the audit chair. All reports will be dealt with in confidence.
Meeting Professionals International – Kansas City Chapter, PO Box 11876, Kansas City, MO 64138 (816) 668-9424 firstname.lastname@example.org